SCARLESS BREAST REDUCTION
Scarless breast reduction is another name given to the reducing the size of the breasts by liposuction.
It’s called scar less because the incision is only a small 1cm cut under the breast, as compared to the large incisions in the classical breast reduction.
The principle is to reduce the weight and subsequently the skin shrinks because of the reduced weight.
It basically means, reducing the bulk of the breast using liposuction, which helps reduce the weight of the breast and the symptoms related to the weight.
It’s a good option for breasts with more fatty content than glandular excess.
Results are better in breasts where the stretch marks are not too much.
Scarless Breast Reduction Recovery is very fast and patients are advised to do massages to help the skin shrink and wear good supporting Bras.
Complete healing takes about three months.
But one can resume normal activities from day 2
Is it good for all breasts?
No. The choice of the patient is very important when it comes to Liposuction for the breasts.
It doesn’t work well on all breasts. Obviously if there is too much of weight and a lot of skin excess with stretch marks and thinning of the skin then the post op results will not be good.
Very young and “glandular” breasts are not good for Liposuction as the fatty component is less.
Also we need to have patience as we are not removing any skin and have to rely on the elasticity of the skin to help retract the skin, its takes about 6-12 weeks to see noticable difference.
Prepare for your Scarless Breast Reduction
- Make an initial consultation with your Surgeon. Discuss why you want the procedure done, Openly! We want to know why!
- Understand the limitations of the procedure.
- Discuss any medications your taking with the surgeon.
- Discuss a procedure date and plan for work and holidays. Remember you need healing time of two – three months.
- Book your procedure date
- Pay your deposit to book your date (IMPORTANT) because then we know your serious and we get booked out very fast!
- Have your blood tests done and sent to your clinic for the surgeon to check over
- The night before you will most probably be fasting so relax and follow your surgeons’ instructions
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated before your fasting period
- Get a good night’s sleep don’t be worried. You chose us to look after you!
- Shower and make sure you get to the center with ample time, so the surgeon can prepare you for your marking and procedure.
- Download print and fill the consent form (link) and bring it with you.
- Drink alcohol at least 48 hours before
- Take any blood thinning medications, such as Aspirin or Advil.
- Be nervous you are in safe and experienced hands!
- Arrive at the clinic on time
- Listen to staff instructions
- Stay relaxed
- Settle into your consultation room and take before pictures for reference
- Practice breathing – to relax this will prepare you for your pain management
- The doctor will visit to do their initial assessments and marking
- The admin staff will go over your consent form and help you make payments
What happens during the procedure
- You will be taken into a clean and sterile OT environment with sterilized instruments.
- The surgeon will discuss the target areas with you before taking you into the day care center.
- He/She will explain any restrictions if there may be.
- Surgical area will be marked with a surgical marker pen.
- The surgeon and his team will check your detail whilst in the OT before the procedure.
- The pain management team will provide you with pain relief according to the treatment plan and the procedure will start.
- Your procedure will take place and finish within the allotted time.
- You will be moved back to recovery and you will stay till you have eaten something and your settled.
- The team will look after you till you are ready to leave in the evening
- The surgeon will check up on you.
- You will be given prescription medicines and instructions for your fast recovery.
- walk around and be active as soon as you can
- drink lots of water and be hydrated
- take a shower after 3 days of the procedure
- WEAR your pressure garment/band for up to 12 weeks this is imperative for swelling to go down and help with the reshaping of your body
- come in for follow ups with your surgeon
- apply the scar cream as advised
- be idle
- overdo anything and DO NOT sleep on your tummy
- not wear your pressure garment.
- smoke or drink alcohol
- lift heavy weights
- Although breast liposuction is a lifestyle procedure it is still a surgical procedure so along with rest and rehydration it’s imperative that you allow your body to heal in its own time
- Patience is the key as you wait for the skin to shrink
- You can walk around but have to sleep on your back .
- You will see some results immediately but final results are seen after 8-12 weeks but, the surgery is only the beginning you need to look after it just like anything else.
- Follow all after care procedures, you will be taught massages and how to wear your Pressure garment
- After your complete healing period. We look forward to seeing you at your last check up, More body confident and happy!
The costs of treatments are very reasonable at Aesthetics Plus and I have always been impressed with the results. The fully medically qualified team at the clinic is professional, friendly and trustworthy.