NON SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
Some problems of the nose may not need a formal rhinoplasty. Isolate problems like bumps or depressions, isolated dorsum (bridge) enhancements and post rhinoplasty deformities corrections can be done using non-surgical means.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is usually by using fillers. Most commonly the temporary fillers like JUVEDERM are used. Permanent filler like AQUAMID can be used but it is not a preferred choice.
The procedure is done in the office and commonly called the “LUNCHTIME RHINOPLASTY”
Most commonly used for dorsal (bridge) augmentation using filler. The filler is injected in a plane close to the bone so that it stays in place.
Other options of non-surgical rhinoplasty involve BOTOX or threads.
Drooping tip while smiling is a common problem which can be treated by BOTOX injections.
Sometimes a prominent hump and a drooping tip can be corrected using sutures instead of a full formal rhinoplasty.
Of course one has to understand that the results are limited and cannot be compared to a full formal rhinoplasty but yes it is available as an option for someone not interested in surgery but looking for some limited improvements.
Prepare for your Non Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Make an initial consultation with your Surgeon. Discuss why you want the procedure done, Openly! All the options and the results will be discussed with you.
- Discuss any medications your taking with the surgeon.
- Discuss a procedure date and plan for work and holidays. Remember you need healing time of 3 months for complete healing.
- Book your procedure date
- Pay your deposit to book your date (IMPORTANT) because then we know your serious and we get booked out very fast!
- Have your blood tests done and sent to your clinic for the surgeon to check over
- Xrays of the nose maybe required in some cases.
- The night before you will most probably be fasting so relax and follow your surgeons instructions
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated before your fasting period
- Get a good night’s sleep don’t be worried. You chose us to look after you!
- Shower and make sure you get to the center with ample time so the surgeon can prepare you for your marking and procedure.
- Download print and fill the consent form (link) and bring it with you.
- smoke for about two weeks before and three weeks after the procedure
- Drink alcohol or caffeine at least 48 hours before
- Take any blood thinning medications, such as Aspirin or Advil.
- Be nervous you are in safe and experienced hands!
- Be involved in high impact exercises or activities.
- Arrive at the clinic on time
- Listen to staff instructions
- Stay relaxed
- Settle into your day care room and take before pictures for reference
- Practice breathing – to relax this will prepare you for your pain management
- The surgeon will discuss the target areas with you before taking you into the day care center. He/She will explain any restrictions if there may be.
- Areas for fat removal will be marked with a surgical marker pen.
- The admin staff will go over your consent form and you make the payments
What happens during the procedure
- You will be taken into a clean and sterile OT environment with sterilized instruments.
- The surgeon and his team will check your detail whilst in the OT before the procedure.
- The pain management team will provide you with pain relief according to the treatment plan and the procedure will start.
- Your procedure will take place and finish within the allotted time.
- You will be able to see your extracted fat and measure the amount collected
- You will be moved back to recovery and you will stay till you have recovered fully, eaten something and you are settled.
- The team will look after you till you are ready to leave in the evening
- The surgeon will check up on you.
- You will be given prescription medicines and instructions for your fast recovery.
- walk around and be active as soon as you can on the same day of the procedure
- drink lots of water and be hydrated
- take a shower after removal of the dressing after 4 days from the procedure or if a bony reduction is done you will be asked to come in for a suture removal and splint removal after 5 days.
- Care of the suture line as advised.
- Come in for follow ups with your surgeon
- Use the creams and oils and meds as advised.
- Eat healthy
- be idle but don’t argue shout or fight.
- Drive first four days
- feel like you’ve had a big procedure and think you need ‘rest’
- drive or operate heavy machinery, lift heavy objects or strain within 2 days of your procedure
- smoke or drink alcohol
- Blow or squeeze your nose or insert cute tips inside to clean it up. As the swelling abates the clots will come out and the blocks clear up.
What happens next…
- Although Rhinoplasty is a lifestyle procedure it is still a surgical procedure so along with rest and rehydration its imperative that you allow your body to heal in its own time
- the changes noticed immediately but full & final results are seen after 3-4 months as tissues heal. So look after it just like anything else.
- Follow all after care procedures. Keep your implant guarantee card in a safe place
- After your complete healing period. We look forward to seeing you at your last check up, More body confident and happy!
This procedure is designed to improve the appearance of the nose & involves any or all of thefollowing procedures:
#Reduction of forward projection of the nose
#Removal of humps
#Correction of deviation of the nose
#Narrowing of the bridge of the nose
#Narrowing the tip
#Reduction of nostril size
#Correction of depressed nose
Rhinoplasty in most cases involves modifying the underlying skeleton (bones and cartilage) to produce the necessary changes.
No single nose can be an ideal nose! A nose which looks beautiful on one person will not necessarily look good on another person. Attempts are made to keep the nose in conformity and harmony with the rest of the face, keeping in mind the necessary specific changes which the patient came to us for. So if you feel that the nose is out of balance with the rest of your face then yes Rhinoplasty is a
procedure for you. And yes it is a permanent solution.
Many patients feel that the change in shape will be so much that it might be the subject of discussion amongst family & friends. But, in reality neither the patient nor the patients / friends really remember the original shape of the nose a few weeks after surgery.
The operation can be done under local anesthesia plus sedation or general anaesthesia.
LATEST UPDATES & NEWS
Aesthetics Plus © 2019 | All Rights Reserved.
Suite 213, 2nd Floor, EVA Mall, 60, Brigade Road, Bangalore- 560025
Landline : 080-49554075