THE FAT REMOVAL AND CONTOURING SPECIALISTS
Lipo contouring or¬†¬†LipoSculpting¬†is a procedure where the surgeon as an artist sculpts the body to give it the proper curves and highlights. It is a combination of liposuction and lipofilling (Fat Grafting).
LipoSculpting¬†is a procedure where an eye for detail and the artistic capabilities of the surgeon come into play. The procedure involves a lot of planning and thought apart from the execution. It involves sucking out fat from certain areas and filling up certain areas to give the body the proper curves.
This can be done in the case of the face or body to achieve pleasing results. In the face the fat is sucked from the cheeks and under the chin and transferred to areas under the eye and in the area of the cheek bones and the forehead to give it a more youthful look.
In the body it usually involves suction around the abdomen and the hips with filling of the pelvic highlights and the buttocks. Fat from the saddle bags might be removed and added to the upper part of the buttocks.
The lower back maybe sucked and then the fat grafted into the buttocks to give better curves in the proper areas.
Body etching is another form of lipocontouring. This gives us the 6 packs abdomen.¬† But to maintain the results regular exercises are required. Also it must be emphasized that it might not be possible in a single procedure when there is a lot of fat. Etching in such cases is done in the second sitting.
Are the same as in¬†Liposuction¬†or¬†Fat Grafting.
The main issue related with¬†LipoSculpting Surgery¬†is to visualize the desired result and aim towards that. Sometimes repeat procedures may be required as in¬†Fat Grafting¬†to reach the desired shape.
Prepare for your Liposculpting
- Make an initial consultation with your Surgeon. Discuss why you want the procedure done, Openly! We want to know why!
- Discuss any medications your taking with the surgeon.
- Discuss a procedure date and plan for work and holidays. Remember you need re- shaping time of two ‚Äďthree months.
Book your procedure date
- Pay your deposit to book your date (IMPORTANT) because then we know your serious and we get booked out very fast!
- Have your blood tests done and sent to your clinic for the surgeon to check over
- The night before you will most probably be fasting so relax and follow your surgeons
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated before your fasting period
- Get a good night’s sleep don‚Äôt be worried. You chose us to look after you!
- Shower and make sure you get to the center with ample time so the surgeon can prepare you for your marking and procedure.
- Download print and fill the consent form (link) and bring it with you.
- Drink alcohol or caffeine at least 48 hours before
- Take any blood thinning medications, such as Aspirin or Advil.
- Be nervous you are in safe and experienced hands!
- Arrive at the clinic on time
- Listen to staff instructions
- Stay relaxed
- Settle into your day care room and take before pictures for reference
- Practice breathing ‚Äď to relax this will prepare you for your pain management
- The surgeons team will visit to do their initial assessments and marking
- The admin staff will go over your consent form and make payments What happens during the procedure
- You will be taken into a clean and sterile OT environment with sterilized instruments.
- The surgeon will discuss the target areas with you before taking you into the day care center.
- He/She will explain any restrictions if there may be.
- Areas for fat removal will be marked with a surgical marker pen.
- The surgeon and his team will check your detail whilst in the OT before the procedure.
- The pain management team will provide you with pain relief according to the treatment plan and the procedure will start.
- Your procedure will take place and finish withi the allotted time.
- You will be able to see your extracted fat and measure the amount collected
- You will be moved back to recovery and you will stay till you have eaten something and your settled.
- The team will look after you till you are ready to leave in the evening
- The surgeon will check up on you.
- You will be given prescription medicines and instructions for your fast recovery.
- walk around and be active as soon as you can on the same day of the procedure
- drink lots of water and be hydrated
- take a shower after 3 days of the procedure
- WEAR your ‚ÄúFaja‚ÄĚ for up to 12 weeks this is imperative for swelling to go down and help
- with the reshaping of your body
- Come in for follow ups with your surgeon
- be idle
- feel like you‚Äôve had a big procedure and think you need ‚Äėrest‚Äô
- not wear your ‚Äėfaja‚Äô
- drive or operate heavy machinery within 2 days of your procedure
- smoke or drink alcohol
What happens next…
- Although liposculpting is a lifestyle procedure it is still a surgical procedure so along with rest and rehydration its imperative that you allow your body to heal in its own time
- You will see results straight away but not in kilos. In lieu of the fat removed fluid fills in its space to heal so you need to wear your ‚Äėfaja‚Äô to move the fluid out and excrete it in your urine.
- Full results are seen after 8-12 weeks but the surgery is only the beginning you need to look after it just like anything else.
- Follow all after care procedures, you will be taught massages and how to wear your ‚Äėfaja‚Äô/ Pressure garment
- After your complete healing period. We look forward to seeing you at your last check up, More body confident and happy! (We are happy to do a photoshoot for you to show off your new curves)
- Over 23 years of experience
- Qualified trained board certified surgeons
- Safety quality & comfort our primary concerns
- When done by qualified trained plastic surgeons chances of complications are minimized.
- Your pre op assessment and investigations are important to rule out any reasons for potential complications
- Our surgeon will explain what is possible and what is not. Please listen to them as they have your safety at the top of their minds.
- If you are looking for isolated reductions and are willing to follow the instructions properly.
- If you are motivated to maintain the results by not overindulging and maintaining what you achieved
- Have realistic expectations of what is possible and what is not and you understand that its not magic.
Then yes it is for you.
- One can usually go for a swim about a week after the procedure or a day after suture removal.
- Swimming is a good whole body exercise and the water also acts as a massager which aids the healing process.
- When done properly there should be no reason for any major infections.
- Minor port site suture infections may occur sometimes which are usually treated by local treatments.
- The procedure depending on the number of areas targeted, could be between 2-4 hours when done as a day care procedure.
- Larger volumes or Mega sessions are usually done in a hospital with overnight stay. Will it hurt?
- The procedure is done under regional anaesthesia most of the times. Sometimes general anaesthesia or sedation maybe given. Hence you will not feel any pain during the procedure.
- Post op, the pain is more like an ache as there are no major cuts.
- Wearing the pressure garment helps ease the pain caused because of the swelling.
- The first week we do give you medication for the pain and swelling
- There are a few non surgical methods in the market which aim at ‚Äúinch loss‚ÄĚ. But since it is by doing something on the outside like RF or Ultrasound or Freezing the fat, there is a limit to how much can be done and what areas can be covered.
- The procedures have limited results if at all any, need multiple sittings and are costly.
- Typically you can get back to your normal activities in a day or two after a liposuction.
- By a week or 10 days you can get back to exercising and all normal activities.
- Complete healing takes about 3 months which means for all the swelling to go, the skin to get back being soft and sensations to come back to normal.
- The incisions are typically about 0.5 ‚Äď 1cm and placed in skin creases. So they are not very visible.
- They are closed by absorbable sutures which don‚Äôt need to be removed.
- We do not leave the port sites open so you will not have any fluid or blood leaking from the port sites.
- If some sutures need to be removed, they will be removed when you come for your first week follow up.
- The fat is first loosened by injecting some ‚ÄúTumescent Fluid‚ÄĚ which is a cocktail of medicines to numb the area and loosen the fat.
- With the help of BLUNT long metal tubes called cannula‚Äôs the fat is then sucked out under high pressure thereby leaving behind the nerves and blood vessels intact. Sometimes we could use machines which help loosen the fat like ultrasonic or power assisted machines to help loosen the fat further.
- Consult our expert surgeons to find out what can be done for you Understand the procedure and the limitations
- Go through the consent form and understand the same
- Get your investigations as advised by our staff
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and any natural supplements which may cause bleeding or healing problems. Always inform your surgeon of the same.
- Hydrate yourself till the day before and keep yourself active.
- Sleep properly the day before and if you need help with it, ask our surgeon for something to help you rest if you feel too anxious.
- We are not ‚Äúexpensive‚ÄĚ in the true sense. We believe in offering quality services at affordable costs.
- Quality staff and quality equipment for your safety are our primary concerns and as we all know quality does come at some price.
- We do not compromise on what needs to be done. We keep the costs affordable by cutting out unnecessary expenditure.
- We have a no compromise policy on equipment, materials and staff.
- When done by qualified board certified surgeons and anaesthetists, using quality equipment with an emphasis on safety, there will be certain costs involved.
- We DO NOT compromise on what we would do. Quality and safety are topmost on our minds.
- WE DO NOT CUT CORNERS to save on money. What can I expect from Aesthetics Plus?
- You can expect the highest quality of care
- Board certified doctors
- Caring compassionate staff
- Personalised care
- Good after care and follow ups.
- Wear the pressure garments regularly
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Follow the instructions and massage as advised.
- You want to feel confident about a certain area of your body again
- You want to stand out from everyone else
- You want assistance with a ‚Äúreset‚ÄĚ button for you to start over with your food and
- You want to enhance your physical appearance.